Jemek Jemowit talks to r2k music mag



Jemek Jemowit is "l'enfant terrible¨ in the underground alternative scene of Berlin. I just met him yesterday night having a drink in a bar called "Kumpelnest", we had a ball and here there are some nice "highlights" of our conversation.

"Give mothers vanity bag to the children 
and you will have a glam-punk-band."

r2k - Hello boy how are you?
JJ - Hola Luis, i’m fine. Yeah, let’s go!

r2k - Let's start from the beginning! when is the coming out of Jemek Jemowit artist?
JJ - Jemek Jemowit arose at my parents place when I was a teenage, well actually i still am, I try. I started with recordings at home with a 90’s casio keyboard and a web mic. I made my CD-R albums and sold them for 2 € to my classmates, friends and strangers. In this time I never thought about playing live, it was just a home recording project.

r2k - How do you get your inspiration?
JJ - It’s always about feeling this supershit inside and searching for the right toilette, I found mine in music.

r2k - Any trick?
JJ - Oh, yes… Lack of sleep always works quite good.


r2k - What do you think about "sex, drugs & rock'n roll"?
JJ - Nothing. Hahaha… well it’s such an ultra common and boring slogan… well, no comment. hahaha

r2k - What's "Zemsta"?
JJ - It’s polish, as me, and means "revenge". It’s the contrary to "rise and fall" (as for Bowies Ziggy Stardust it was): I m not rising and I won’t fall in the society, I just venge.



r2k - How was the process of the album production?
JJ - I recorded the whole Album at my home studio. Home alone.

r2k -  "Zemsta" is your album debut, would you say your music is electro punk?
JJ - It’s not a modern days electropunk genre. Maybe it’s punk in an abstract meaning or in its roots: It’s made without future intentions, it’s made for now. And for me.

r2k - You are an artist from Berlin, how did you get to release your music on a Greek label company?
JJ - I’ve been playing in the beginning of 2011 in Athens. They invited me to play there in the Carousel Bar. They asked me to contract their label Fabrika Records along with Die Selektion & Petra Flurr. I feel really well besides these boys, so I said "YES"!

r2k - Is Berlin important for your music or you could move to any other place?
JJ - Well, i don’t know… I grew up here and it’s fine. Someday soon Berlin gets more fancy than it is already. So I will have no other choice.

r2k - What's about Berlin's alternative scene?
JJ - Berlin is an orphanage for weirdoes, everyone is welcome. The scene is really warm hearted.

r2k - Make up, lipstick, is it glam attitude? is it punk or is it you?
JJ - It’s fun time. Give mothers vanity bag to the children and you will have a glam-punk-band.


 "Zemsta"
BRAND NEW ALBUM PRESENTED ON
THE DROP DEAD FESTIVAL IN BERLIN
Arranged and Produced by Jemek Jemowit
All songs written by Jemek Jemowit,
except »Sad Ostateczny«: Lyrics by god
Recorded at Jemcock Productions Studios, Berlin, D, 2011
Mastered by Luis Miguélez at Records to Kill Studios, Berlin, D, 2011
Vinyl release on Fabrika Records, Athens, GR, 2011




tracklist:
01 Intro / Jeans und Leder
02 Männer meiner Heimat
03 In Schöneberg
04 Meine Tabletten
05 Liebe, Krass und Hass
06 Am Boden zerschmettert
07 Sad Ostateczny
08 Angst vor Feuer
09 Zemsta
10 Internist im Internet
11 Chce zostac twoja matka
 

credits:
Intro [MotorFM Broadcast]: Elizabeth Rushe
Scream Queen on »Zemsta«: Anne Helm


www.jemek.net

Photos by Gonzalo Armas
http://www.gonzaloarmas.com/


interview © r2k music mag
photos © owners 

1 comment:

  1. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete